When it comes to smoking, there are so many different ways to enjoy it. You can smoke cigarettes, cigars, or pipes. But one of the most popular ways to smoke is with a hookah. The hookah has been around for centuries and continues to be a popular way to smoke today. Not only are hookahs fun and social, but they also provide a unique smoking experience. And if you want to take your experience to the next level, there are some great hookah accessories you can buy. Check out some of the essentials and parts you’ll need to get the most out of your shisha tobacco.
About Hookah Accessories
When you’re smoking, it’s essential to have the right hookah parts. This preparation will ensure that you have a great hookah session and that your pipe lasts longer. You’ll need a good hose, bowl, coals, and other miscellaneous parts.
1. Kaloud Samsaris Vitria Hookah Bowl
- High-quality silicone and glass phunnel bowl
- Improved durability and heat management
- Removable glass interior
One of the most important pieces of a hookah is the bowl. The hookah bowl is where the tobacco is placed, and it’s responsible for holding the heat and smoking the tobacco. There are a few different types of hookah bowls, and each one provides a different experience. The phunnel bowl is a specially designed bowl that’s used to smoke shisha. It features a deep funnel-like design that allows for more airflow and prevents tobacco from being caught in the ashes. This design results in a cleaner, more flavorful smoke. The Kaloud Samsari Vitria Glass Hybrid Phunnel Hookah Bowl is a high-quality silicone and glass bowl that doesn’t require a grommet and is compatible with heat management devices. It holds 20 to 25 grams of shisha and is one of the best-selling accessories on the market.
2. Shisha House Ripper Silicone Hookah Hose
- Washable silicone hookah hose
- Includes spring to prevent pinching
- Measures 72 inches long
Hoses are some of the most important hookah accessories. They’re responsible for transferring the smoke from the bowl to the smoker. A standard hose is the most common type of hose. It’s made of silicone and is typically washable. The Shisha House Ripper Hose is 72 inches long and features an anodized aluminum hookah hose handle. It also uses surgical-grade silicone tubing. The hose is resistant to flavor ghosting, it’s 100 percent washable, and there’s a metal spring above the heel tip to prevent pinching.
You won’t experience any restrictions with this hose, and you’re sure to have a smooth, open draw at every smoke session. The best part is that you can get this model in several different colors. Get red, gold, blue, silver, and black washable hoses for a multi-hose setup and enhance your hookah smoking experience!
3. CocoNara Flat Hookah Coals
- 100 percent natural hookah charcoal made from compressed coconut shells
- Eco-friendly and clean-tasting coals that are free of additive chemicals
- Requires the use of an electric charcoal heater
Coals are another essential item to add to your list of hookah accessories. They’re responsible for heating the tobacco and smoking it. There are a few different types of coals, and each one provides a different experience. Standard coal is great for smoking tobacco, but it can take some time. Quick light coals are the next most popular type. These are made of fossil fuels and have a chemical accelerant coating that allows you to light them up with just a small, open flame. But these chemicals can affect the taste of your shisha. CocoNara coal is the most popular type of natural charcoal. Natural varieties are made of coconut shells, and they take your hookah smoking experience to the next level. Made without chemicals or additives, these coals are more eco-friendly, odor-free, and taste-free. You’ll need to use a single-coil electric burner to light up these pieces. But in just a few minutes, they’ll be ready for your smoke session, providing you with smooth, flavorful smoke.
Essential Hookah Accessories: Buyer’s Guide
There are several other types of hookah parts you might want to consider to enhance your experience. A hookah base, also known as a vase, is a container that sits on the top of a hookah stem and holds the water. It’s typically made of glass, ceramic, or metal. For hookah bases, it’s crucial that the accessory is easy to clean to keep the water pipe in the best condition possible. You can choose different base styles for your setup and shop for replacement bases to find the newest options on the market that fit your style. A hookah shaft is a long, pipe-like object that’s used to inhale tobacco smoke from a water pipe. The shaft is inserted into the water pipe, and the tobacco is then packed into the bowl at the top of the shaft. When the smoker inhales, the smoke is drawn through the water and into the shaft, and then out of the bowl and into the smoker’s lungs. Next, you’ll also need a heat management device. A heat management device (HMD) is a device used to regulate the heat in a hookah bowl. There are many different types of these accessories available on the market, but the most common are ceramic, metal, and other materials. Below, you’ll find some of our recommendations.
Starbuzz Premium Glass Hookah Base
- One of the top brands to shop hookah accessories
- Glass, premium Egyptian-style hookah base
- Lightweight and durable
- High-quality materials that are designed to last
- Easy to clean
- Comes in a variety of colors
Regal Melech Wooden Hookah Shaft
- Hand-lathed natural wood and black aluminum stems
- Wide gauge downstem to allow more airflow
- Built to last
- 33 inches long
- Comes with a base grommet and no coal tray
Kaloud Lotus 3 Heat Management Device
- One of the top modern shisha brands
- Uses high-grade aluminum for an increased startup time
- Sleek, built-in handles for ease of use and better heat control
- The first brand to offer a heat management device
- Helps create smoother, thicker clouds
- Provides consistent heat for flavorful smoke
- Can be used with Kaloud bowls and other lipped hookah bowls
Are There Any Other Miscellaneous Accessories I Should Get for My Hookah Setup?
Apart from the main essentials we’ve listed above, you may want to look into other replacement hookah parts and accessories, such as grommets, cleaning kits, insulation, charcoal holders, tongs, wind covers, carrying bags and cases, trays, and miscellaneous items. A carrying case is a great way to protect your device and parts. Hookah tongs are essential for handling your coals. If you’re an avid smoker, then you’ll need a good cleaning kit. This kit will help keep your hookah in good condition. It’s vital that you clean the inside and remove any buildup that may occur after a great smoke session. If not, dirt and buildup can affect the flavor of your smoke during a session. Here are a few other hookah accessories you may want to consider for your setup:
- Hookah Foil: The best brands sell pre-punched hookah foil that comes in sheets. Starbuzz Pre Punch Aluminum Foil and Amira Pre-Cut and Punched Aluminum Foil are some of the most popular choices. You can also buy a foil puncher to perforate the entire bowl in just one punch. This tool helps you save time and allows you to start smoking quickly.
- Mouth Tips: Sharing your hose means that you’re also sharing germs! Shop for mouth tips to keep your smoke session sanitary. You can even get candy-flavored mouthpieces to spice up your experience. The Jolly Tip Flavored Mouth Tips Jar and the Classic Outside Fitting Mouth Tips are two great options for you to try. Make sure that the mouth tips you have fit your tubing.
- Wind Covers: If there’s too much air or wind around your hookah, this can affect your charcoal’s burn time. Protect your coals and guarantee consistent heat with a wind cover. These will help your charcoal burn longer. The MYA Hookah Wind Cover comes in gold and silver, and it covers most traditional-style hookah bowls. Overall, it prevents gusts of wind from affecting your next smoke session.
- Grommets: Loose grommets can cause problems, so you’ll need to have your fair share of hose, bowl, and base grommets. Check out some top favorites from brands like Egyptian or MYA. It’s important that you get thick rubber options that allow for a snug fit and will seal all connections.
- Hookah Trays: Trays are made for your charcoal. They can hold additional charcoal and provide a safe place for ash to land. You can choose one that’s functional as well as one that fits your style. Check out the tray from Regal which is simple yet sleek, or opt for Nammor trays which are more ornate and provide a little bit of interest. Shika also offers a mandala-inspired tray.
Hookah Accessories: Bottom Line
There are all sorts of other hookah accessories on the market, and there are new products popping up all the time. The brands and products we listed above are some of our favorite accessories that can fit into most people’s financial budgets. Whether you’re in need of a replacement part or you’re looking for an accessory that matches your style of hookah, you’ll be able to find some of the tried-and-true options in the guide above. Level up your hookah smoking experience with our recommendations!